Saturday, November 17, 2007

Update again

Random writings of the goings on at vet school Down UnderUuugh I spent so much time writing an update late last night only to lose it all when I got booted from the internet.  Sorry it has been so long since I have written but so much has happened.  So much, I dont even know where to start.  For starters, we celebrated our 1/2 way through vet school day with a Halfway to Wonderland theme.  Keaton and I moved AGAIN, hopefully the last time, and I got a new job.

For a little while, it was tough again.  My loans kept coming about 5 months late through no fault of my own.  I applied on time, the other parties kept messing up.  This just meant I had to work all the time instead of concentrate on my studies.  I thought everything was fine because I was passing all my classes.  Not so, I was sent a letter from the US government saying I have been put on Academic Probation and I had six months to get my grades up really high or all my funding would be stopped.  Now as you can see, I have been in a bit of a panic while trying to work this all out.  Life changes definitely were needed.....

Fast forward, I moved out of Central Freo into the white picket fences of suburbia.  It is so quiet, and I thought I would panic being away from it all, but I actually really like it.  I have been able to concentrate on my studies again by moving to a much cheaper place and having some great support.  I am happy to say that I got High Distinctions in all three of my midterms.  I just hope I can do that for finals.  They will not be rid of me yet.  As my dad always said "You can fall face first in a pile of s$%t and always come out with a rose in your teeth."  So after hitting some difficulties once again, I am wiping the crap off, the tears away and soldiering on with my rose.

3rd year is almost over, we were asked for our measurements for our clinic coats for fourth year and told we need to buy our surgery packs very soon.  How exciting, surgery next year, it is all paying off!!!

So the grades are back up again, I have been dating the most wonderful guy ever, Steve.  Yes he is Australian, no not all Australian men are jerks  I have a new job at a family restaurant and I hope to get one at a vet clinic here over the break, which starts December 1st.

I hope everyone is doing well and I would love to hear from you.  I know some of you have moved, or gotten new jobs, or even have kids now, or new ones.  Send me photos if you can. 

Here is a link to my photos, some old, some new.....Photos

Stay tuned for pics of the house and my new neighborhood

-Christina

2 comments:

Tayaki said...

do you mind me asking you what loan company you are using so i know not to use them if i transfer to AUS? i am quite happy with the loan company i am using for IRL but am worried they may not be able to loan me money for AUS. thank you very much and happy new year!

stinyexoticvet said...

It was not really the loan company who caused the trouble. I have to get the new Grad Plus loan now. I was the first one to do so at Murdoch so there were some initial kinks to work out. I go through ASA which is actually really good.