Saturday, April 21, 2007

Looking UP

Random writings of the goings on at vet school Down Under

I know I have been saying this for awhile, but I feel I will have a car here within the next few weeks and that will make a whole lot of difference. I have hated having to depend on others to get me to places I need or want to go. I hate asking for favors and help, and lately it feels like that is all I have been doing. "Can someone pick me up here?" Can someone take me there....I would go but I cant get there without a car etc. The plans when I have one....to put my board in the back and actually go surfing, to take Keaton to some really cool spots, to drive to the coast and just watch the kite surfers for hours, and maybe even try, to be able to go to the fish store and stare at the aquariums and dream of the giant one I will have again someday...yes I am weird, but it relieves stress. I can take up Salsa dancing lessons and actually go dancing....having dancing withdrawals here definitely. Actually be able to visit and hang out with friends and not worry when the last bus is leaving....and just drive, drive, drive...wherever and whenever. All these things, dancing, surfing, fish staring, and driving to nowhere in particular are my big stress relievers and I have done hardly any of them for the last two years here.

Most of the time I handle everyday stresses sooooooooooo well, but I have felt overwhelmed lately. Being in a new country...yes it is still very new here, can do that to a person. I am not saying having a car is my magic button, but I sure think it will help. Like now, should I wake up my roommate to borrow her car to go shopping and to the laundromat? I will probably just wait till she wakes up, which throws off my day.

Oh and guess what? My loans are approved!!!! I was panicked that a credit check would go wrong again and I would come this close to having to go home, but they are approved....I am here without worrying how to pay for school for another year.

I have three more weeks of farm prac I have to do. I got assigned to a cattle ranch in esperance for two weeks in June herding cattle on horseback...exactly what I wanted and then a week at an Alpaca stud farm and then farm experience is over and clinical experience begins. Maybe I can get out of some of the twelve weeks since I spent 8 years in a few. Heres hoping.

No comments: