Saturday, January 5, 2008

Andrew Down Under

Well I have been so busy and so happy these past few weeks. I got excellent grades, my brother is here, and I get to start surgery next semester. I had a great time celebrating my first Aussie Christmas at Steve's parents house. I cooked up a huge feast and had a great time doing it. I made cherry cheese tarts, pumpkin pie, artichoke dip, spinach dip, and my own very successful cheese log. I was so happy everything turned out, I just need to work on my pumpkin pie presentation...it looked funny.



I got to pull open my first Bon Bon which is apparently a British/ Aussie tradition and wear my little hat with everyone else. Great food and great people. After that we had a great time watching the dogs open their presents. Also the little kitty. Did I say kitty?



Yes I did... Steve and I kind of became parents to a little abandoned kitten at my work. There was a litter of 11 dumped off, seemed from different mums. My work found homes for four kittens and the other six were taken to the pet shop across the street. All that was left was this pure white little kitty that we could not home because he could be blind or deaf. Well he is not blind or deaf, but he has a huuuge belly. I brought him home so he would not be alone over Christmas and had some tests run on him over the holidays. Turns out he is Coronavirus positive meaning that he will eventually have FIP. Very sad because it has a 100% mortality, it is just a question of when. Well Steve and I talked and decided to keep the little bugger until his time runs out and give him the best life while he is here. He has acquired the name Guinness because he went after Steve's beer, Fat Head, Mud Guts, Puppy Cat, Kitty Dog, Pissant, shit kicker you name it. He runs the house, the dogs, Steve and even me. He is an absolute riot.

So Keaton, Storm, and Guinness got their Christmas presents. Keaton and Storm got new stuffed animals, tennis ball with an animal, bones and pig's ears. Guinness got four little glitter mice, a scratching post and a new life :)



Christmas over and one of the hottest days of the year, or so we thought. Boxing Day, the day Andrew landed was 44 degrees or 112 Fahrenheit. I warned Andrew the heat would be like a punch in the face and sure enough after his two hour delay on the tarmac they opened the door onto the runway and the heat went SMACK.

Next stop was home to give him his gifts, Steve got him a boomerang and Jack and Coke in a can which he was fascinated by. I got him goodies like, Milo, vegemite, Burger Rings, Fredo Frogs and other things. Then it was over to Steve's folks house for food and AIR CONDITIONING.



So the next day it was time to show him what vacation in Australia is all about. Time to go to Cottesloe beach, and there were people everywhere. After the beach it was time for wakeboarding with Steve's friends Jarron, Chrissy, and Josh. We went down to Bonneys and wakeboarded and had a huge bar-b-q. After that we went back to the house and started a huuge Wii tournament. This new game console is awesome because four people can play at once and it is all interactive. Tennis, Bowling, Fencing, wrestling and much more can be played. What a great day!!!






A day or two of relaxing at the house and then we went out to the Fremantle markets and cappuccino strip. We sat right on the road practically and watched life go by over a good feed and some Pure Blond. Then we went off to hit the shops at the market and wander through there for a few hours. Stopped at the beach for a swim on the way home. Next day was New Years but we had to get a wakeboard session in with Fatima, her sister, and a million jellyfish at deep water point.



Tune in for the next blog which will be New Years, more beach, the zoo, and a night on the town :)

No comments: