Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Middle of Nowhere!!!

The next day was spent at the dog beach. Keaton and Storm had a blast and Andrew and Steve frolicked all day as well. I am so proud of Keaton!! He actually did some swimming and did not panic in the water. We had a blast at the beach and I could not stop snapping photos.



I had to take Andrew to a Sunday session at the Cott. It was ok for the first hour and then the youngsters started to get on the nerves. For a complete contrast I took Andrew to meet Daryl and Anne who I did my Alpaca prac with. We had a great time with the quads and animals. Andrew got to see and pet his first kangaroo and she even had a little joey. We stayed the night there and swam in their pool because it was about 100 degrees. The next day something possessed us to go even further into the heat and the outback to the huge formation known as wave rock.





What a contrast to go from the beaches of Cottesloe to the wheatbelt and red sands of waverock. I even let Andrew give driving a try and besides entering the road on the wrong side he quickly learned to stay left...left...LEFT!! It did not matter if he stayed in the middle, there was nobody out there for the majority of the time. What...nobody else wants to brave 112 degree heat, no air con, middle of nowhere red sands...Why ever not??

No comments: